- IDE DRIVES
- SCSI DRIVES
Messages that may pop up when a disk crash has occurred:
- Invalid media type error…
- Invalid drive specification…
- Invalid partition table…
- General failure reading drive “x”…
- Primary Hard Disk not found. Press F1 to Continue
- Master Boot Record Not Found
- Cannot find file or program
- Hard drive motor is not spinning
we work with:
If the hard disk is making any strange noises,then switch the computer off immediately.
- Data error reading Drive “x”…
- Drive reading error..
- Sector not found…
- Track 0 bad…
- Invalid or corrupt FAT
- Invalid partition table entries
- IInvalid sector
- Primary/Secondary Hard disk failure
- Hard drive is clicking or making noises
When your computer hard drive fails to read the data stored in your media and one of the above messages occurs, the disk is said to have crashed.
In case of a hard disk crash, the operating system begins to flash messages as indicated above, there are now only 2 scenario’s that are possible.
1. LOGICAL PROBLEM:
- The logical problems can be because either the boot sector/partition table, FAT area or the directory area has gone bad.
2. PHYSICAL PROBLEM:
- (HDA) Head Disk Assembly has crashed
- Platters may be damaged
- PCB has burned out
- Causes of Disk Failures:
- Human Error is the single most major cause of data loss. Including accidental file deletion,
- or sometimes as just a “Hard Disk Format”
- Other contributors are Software Corruption, System Malfunction or Hardware Error.
- Virus Attacks is still one of the main concerns that causes data loss.
- Employees sabotage is also a concern, a minor yet one.
- Flood, Fire, Lighting and Earthquakes are just some unavoidable causes.
If you suspect that your disk has crashed DO NOT:
- Don’t run any repair utility because these utilities will further aggravate the problem and make it more difficult to recover the lost data. These utilities are usually made to rectify any amoralities in the file system & get you working and not to recover your data.
Let no one, even a desktop support engineer to experiment with the media.
- Do not work on the media otherwise the chances of recovering lost files/dir may become less.
FREE EVALUATION: Send us your media for a free Evaluation, one of our technicians will provide you a diagnosis free of charge. This will include a detailed quote, a detailed problem outlining exactly what is wrong with your media, exactly what can be recovered and the turnaround time.